Sunday, July 31, 2011

Movin' On Up!

Finally! The bees are moving upstairs! The bees now seem to be drawing comb on the blank frames upstairs and just generally milling around. Here is a picture of what it looks like when I opened the top of the hive:

This is what the bottom deep looks like when I take the top deep off (notice how many more bees are wandering around, the top box should look more like this):

And still no Queenie this time, but I actually saw a whole frame filled with eggs up in the top deep! So even Queenie has moved upstairs.

The bees were extra grouchy today though, I was making a bit more noise than usual (I accidentally made some cracking noises when using my hive tool to break apart the frames. The bees hate that). They buzzed my veil a few times and stung my thumb once. This time around I think the sting was less severe.

No comments:

Post a Comment