Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bee Building

I figure its about time I start building some of my own equipment. I already assemble all of my equipment by buying un-assembled hive bodies from Mann Lake. In order to make the cuts for a hive body, we would need a router, so those will have to wait a while longer.

I designed plans for both types of hive stand that we use - the 18 inch stands to keep the bees off of the ground, and the stands immediately under the bottom boards with the little ramps. I always make my happy husband helper, Brandon, cut the wood for me. I'm a bit squeamish about using the chop saw - I always think of my Dad saying "Look, Ma! No hands!" with his hands tucked into his sleeves, ha!

I guess I was feeling courageous today, so here I am cutting the wood for another hive stand:


Success! I still have 2 hands with 10 fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment