Friday, May 15, 2015

Bay Area Maker Faire 2015

Bay Area Maker Faire is coming this weekend! I've been accepted to do two talks: Backyard Beekeeping and Bee Beautiful. Both talks are on Saturday, May 16th. Backyard Beekeeping starts at 1:00PM and Bee Beautiful is at 4:30PM - Come check it out!


I did the Backyard Beekeeping talk last year - it's a 30 minute primer to help people assess whether they would like to start beekeeping. It's also a great talk for just general knowledge about bees.


Bee Beautiful is a new talk for this year. I'm going to do a 30 minute live demonstration of how to make lip balm, a face mask, and a body scrub. All of them will have honey in them and the lip balm contains beeswax too :)

I'll be posting the recipes for the beauty products on Saturday if you want to try them at home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kendal. I am a pre-k teacher in San Mateo looking for someone to talk to my class (for approx a half hour) about bees any day during the week of May 26 - 29. I haven't had any luck so far. Please let me know if you can. cmurray1660@gmail.com Thank you! Carla

    ReplyDelete